There are a few scenarios where importing time entries is going to be faster and easier than entering them manually. For example, you may need to initialize your account with historical time tracking data. Or, you may have one or more weeks of time tracking data for your entire team in an Excel spreadsheet. The import time feature makes it easy and fast to get data imported into your account. Here’s how to use it.
- First, go to Time → Import Time
- If you don’t already have an Excel file ready to import, use the link in the left column to download a time tracking template. The link on the left will also tell you which fields are required and which are optional.
- When you are ready to proceed with the import, click “Next step.”
- Click to upload your file or drag and drop it onto the page
- Click on “Next step.”
- Intervals will suggest how the columns in the import file should be mapped to the fields that it expects. Review these and make any changes necessary. If you are using the template we provide, the fields should all be mapped correctly by default.
- Click “Next step.”
- The next page will show which time entries are being accepted for import. It will also show any entries that cannot be imported. If you need to make changes to the data we recommend modifying the import file and restarting the import process. Once you are satisfied with the proposed import, click “Import” to finish.
Once you’ve imported the data there will be a record of it in the history section. You can use this page to review past imports and, if necessary, you can also undo them. When an import is deleted, the data that was imported will also be removed.