If you manage a lot of tasks across multiple projects and milestones it is important to find the right task when adding time. Here are a few tips on how to quickly locate a task that belongs to a milestone and add time to it.
Add time from the milestones tab
The milestones tab has several options for filtering the list, including a keyword search. Use these options to narrow down the milestone and find the one where the task belongs. Then follow these steps:
- Click on the icon on the milestone listing to display its tasks
- Right-click on the task and select the “Add time” option
- Add your time and click Save.
Filter the task listing by milestone
The task listing itself can also be filtered in a number of different ways, including by milestone. Follow these steps:
- Select the desired milestone from the menu of milestones in the left column. To reduce the list of milestones in that menu, first select the client and/or project.
- Right-click on the task in the list and select the “Add time” option.
- Add your time and click Save